Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pretzel M&M Blondies

Aren't they pretty?

These are Pretzel M&M's.  Have you seen them?  After Peanut M&M's, these are my new favorites.

Plain M&M's, I can resist.  That's why the gumball machine in kiddo's room is filled with them.  I don't feel compelled to eat a handful every time I walk in his room. (Certain times of the month, that's another story.) Neither does he....I think because they are always *there*, but you should see other kids walk in his room.  It's like they've hit the candy jackpot....a gumball machine of M&M's and a bowl full of pennies. 

Onto the blondies....kiddo went ga-ga for these.  They're prettier before they're baked, but I can close my eyes. :)  Salty, buttery, sweet...mmmmm!


Pretzel M&M Blondies

1 stick unsalted butter
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1 and 1/2 c. flour
1 c. pretzel m&m's
fleur de sel (or another sea salt)

Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.  Line an 8 x 8" pan with foil, with some hanging over the sides.

Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Beat in the eggs, vanilla and salt.  On low speed, beat in the flour. Stir in the m&m's.

Pour into the prepared pan and spread to even. Sprinkle lightly with fleur de sel.
 
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cool completely in a wire rack in the pan. Lift up the foil and cut into squares.

What is YOUR favorite M&M?


I'm linking these up to TidyMom's fabulous I'm Lovin' It party. Have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment