Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spaghetti & Meatballs . . .April Fools!

Ready to dig into a big bowl of Spaghetti & Meatballs?


How about Spaghetti & Meatball cupcakes?!?

I had no intention of doing anything special for April Fools' Day this year. (Last year, I made these.)

It's Easter week and I was busy with cookie orders, excuses, excuses. Last night, kiddo says, "so, what are you doing for April Fools' Day this year?"

Well, the guilt hit me like a ton of bricks. Shouldn't I do something special? Are these the things he will (hopefully) remember 7 years from now when he's away at college (sob!)? I'm hoping the sugar will drown out memories of all of my griping & nagging.

{That and I'm Catholic, so guilt comes pretty easily for me.}



These spaghetti & meatball cupcakes come right out of the book Hello, Cupcake! They're super easy, too...especially when you use boxed cake mix and canned frosting. (Shh, don't tell.)

{Will you think less of me if I tell you that I LIKE canned frosting? No? Oh, good.}


And the parmesan, it's supposed to be grated white chocolate, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it just for a few little sprinkles. I used grated white candy melts. :)


I wasn't sure about how I would like the sauce on the cupcakes, but it was really good with the frosting and chocolate, uh, meatball!


We dropped some off for my 3-year-old nephew who said, "Oh, spaghetti & meatballs are so GOOD for me!" Smart guy!

Don't forget to link up your Easter goodies and crafts here!

Related post:

I'm linking this post to TidyMom's: I'm Lovin' It!

No comments:

Post a Comment