Thursday, April 22, 2010

This is as close as I'll ever come to quilting . . .


Blogging has been such a wonderful experience. I've met so many amazing people...even if I've never actually met them in real life.

One of those people is Sheri Howard. Sheri is a quilter and author of quilting books (here's a link to her first one...so cute!). She asked if I could make cookies for the editor of her second book, Not Your Grandmother's Quilt.

{Here it is...aren't those quilts pretty?!? See that one in the lower right corner? We decided to do a simple square based on that for the cookies.}


I really enjoyed making these quilt square cookies. My mom was a quilter...so is my sister, my aunt, my cousins.


I love that even though my mom is gone, we have these "pieces" of her in quilts. Something tangible, something to hold on to, something to pass down to our children. A lot of time and LOVE goes into quilts.


I think my mom would have liked these cookies. And I know she would have loved Sheri's books.


That pop of turquoise with the light blue dots is my favorite part. I can just imagine how pretty a quilt must be in these colors!

Congratulations, Sheri, on your new book! I think I may need one for more quilted cookie inspiration!



I'll be linking these up to TidyMom's I'm Lovin' It party!

No comments:

Post a Comment